Kaitaia Fire Chili Pepper Sauce
I discovered this sauce in about 2013 and was very excited when I was able to launch it on ChilliBOM. It definitely makes the top 10 favourite hot sauces on my list. All chillies are locally NZ grown in the “Winterless Far North” of Kaitaia which is at the very North of the North Island of New Zealand. The chillies are mashed, salted and barrel aged for a few years and then blended with vinegar to give this sauce it’s very distinctiveness sharpness of both flavour and heat. I love this sharpness, it hits you instantly and your mouth simultaneously reacts to the sour of the vinegar and the heat from the chilli – for me there is just something magic about that – people tell me I’m strange that way.
- A TRADITIONAL RED CHILI HOT SAUCE: made with cayenne peppers which have been lovingly tended to produce fiery red fruit.
- THE CHILI PEPPERS: used in Kaitaia Fire are sun-ripened in New Zealand’s far north, finely milled with sea salt and barrel aged to create a superior piquant flavor. The process removes virtually all the sugars in the fruit, and releases the pepper’s volatile oils. This is pure Kaitaia Fire.
- LIFT ANY CULINARY EXPERIENCE OUT OF THE MUNDANE: and into the realms of the unforgettable. This is the sauce that will replace the one in your handbag.
- FREE OF: artificial preservatives, coloring and sugar this chili sauce packs a punch!
- NEW ZEALAND’S NUMBER 1 HOT SAUCE BRAND: Makes a great New Zealand gift for a New Zealand food fan!]
Chilies (55%), Water, Cider Vinegar, Food Acid (260), Salt, Vegetable Gum (415)